About Pakistan Food and Nutrition Organization
Pakistan Food and Nutrition organization is the professional body for the Food scientists, nutritionists, and dietitians having a number of national and international members. Most of our members work with different Govt./Private educational institutions, organizations, public health sectors, private clinics, research/development sectors, and hospitals.
PFNO website will give the current information about the work, role, and efforts of food professionals and nutritionists.
Our MissionA sound and independent platform for all food professionals (students, researchers, entrepreneurs, consumers) for the enhancement of food science and nutrition.
- Promote the cause of Food Science & Technology and Nutrition
- Improve the professional competence of Food Scientists and Nutritionists
- To provide a platform for all professionals for collective action as a profession.
- To build a strong relationship among academia, Govt. agencies, NGO’s and different institutions to spread awareness bout safe and healthy food and its effect on nutritional status.
- To provide a consultative forum to the Government of Pakistan (GOP) on matters of policy and future programs and dietary guidelines for the people/population of Pakistan.
- To set up national and international collaboration for food science, food technology, nutrition, and dietetic research and educational activities in Pakistan and the region.
- Encourage education and training at all levels in various fields of food science, food technology, and nutrition.